Lakeville History Books
- Ebenezer Weaver Peirce, Historic sketches of Hanson, Lakeville, Mattapoisett, Middleboro, Pembroke, Plympton, Rochester, Wareham, and West Bridgewater (Boston, Mass.: 1873). Available online at Archive.org.
- 1877 Town Description of Lakeville, Massachusetts. An excerpt from the Gazetteer of Massachusetts by the Rev. Elias Nason. Transcribed online at Cape Cod History.
- Lincoln Newton Kinnicutt, Indian names of places in Plymouth, Middleborough, Lakeville and Carver, Plymouth County, Massachusetts,: With interpretations of some of them (1909). Available online at Archive.org.
- Gladys De Maranville Vigers, History of the town of Lakeville, Massachusetts, 1852-1952: One hundredth anniversary of the town of Lakeville (Lakeville, Mass., 1952). Available online at HathiTrust.
- Phyllis Elliott Draghetti and D. Evelyn Sylvia Norris, History of the Town of Lakeville: The Next Twenty-five Years, 1953-1978 (S.l., 1978). This book is sold by the Lakeville Historical Society and copies can be purchased at the Lakeville Town Clerk’s Office.
- Kenneth C. Leonard, The Beechwoods Confederacy 1709-1809: The Colonial History of Beechwoods: Middleboro-Taunton Precinct Massachusetts (Bowie, Md., 2003). Available for sale by the publisher HeritageBooks.
Lakeville Genealogy Books
- W. Ripley Nelson, The Nelson family of Plymouth, Middleboro, and Lakeville, Massachusetts: A genealogical and biographical record and family history story (Nantucket, Mass.: 1964).
- Susan Ashley French, Toys in the sand: Recovering childhood memories in Lakeville, Massachusetts (1989).
Is a Lakeville book missing from this list that you would recommend?
Please contact the webmaster.